Grant Morrison Dossier
Grant Morrison is a polymath best known for writing comics such as The Invisibles, Doom Patrol, JLA, New X-Men, and Final Crisis. He’s written screenplays, none of which have been produced as of this writing, and video game scenarios. He is also an accomplished playwright, and is a musician and has played with various bands, including The Fauvres.
Morrison is a long practicing chaos magician, and claims to have been abducted by aliens in Kathmandu in 1994.
Morrison is currently writing Happy! for Image Comics, Dinosaurs vs. Aliens for Liquid Comics, and both Action Comics and Batman Incorporated for DC. Starting in 2013 he plans to take a break from monthly super hero comics.
Morrison is reportedly working on a Rogue Trooper film, the screenplay for the film version of Dinosaurs vs. Aliens and a film adaptation of Happy! to be directed by RZA. Other film projects include Sinatoro, a film based on his comic We3 and Area 51. Bonnyroad, the BBC miniseries Morrison was working on with actor Stephen Fry has been pushed back.
- Grant Morrison’s Zenith to finally be reprinted
- Preview of Grant Morrison’s Wonder Woman Earth One with Yanick Paquette
- The Invisibles Omnibus, a 1,500 page collection of the entire series, is available now.
- Recent interview on Happy!, taking a break from superheroes and being named a Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
- Now classic Grant Morrison interview in Arthur Magazine (Sept. 2004)
- Extensive interview from Sept. 2002 Recommended!
- August 2001 Disinfo interview by Jason Louv.
- More interviews
Feud With Alan Moore
- A short but sharp critique of The Invisibles
- The Comics Journal skewers Supergods
- Invisible Sexuality: Lord Fanny and the Gender Question
- Brendan McCarthy on the similarities between his Paradax and Morrison’s Zenith
- On Grant Morrison and his religious devotion to “the system”
Other Writings About Grant Morrison
- Hypersigils reconsidered
- The connections between the childrens’ cartoon Codename: Kids Next Door and The Invisibles
- Are We On the Verge of the Next Psychedelic Explosion? My essay on Morrison’s interpretation of the Sekhmet Hypothesis.
Above: a song by Grant Morrison’s band The Fauves (“Tortured Soul”) synchronized to an episode of the Batman and Superman Cartoon
Above: Grant Morrison makes a guest appearance in My Chemical Romance’s “Na Na Na” Video
- Official Grant Morrison Twitter account
- Official Grant Morrison site
- Crack! Comicks – long abandoned (last update in 2004)
Most of the links above are internal links for 2 reasons:
1. It means I’ll only have to fix dead links in one place
2. In case of dead links, the original posts usually have at least an excerpt from the original link, so you’ll at least be able to read something.
Please report dead links and, better yet, replacement links in the comments